Friday, May 1, 2009

Oilily




So, I was really sad when I heard that Oilily had gone bankrupt, but it got worse when I read on a blog that they had been stealing plushies from individual artists... I grew up wearing the clothes and worked for their store in Dallas for many years... I kinda have a relationship... But I realized that the company was not the same as it was 15 years ago, and decided that I needed to do something with a shirt I have had for ages and wore as often as I could when I was a teen. I am making it into a quilt. Oilily had a baby quilt line at one point when I worked for them, and they were really fantastic. I always wanted one, but couldn't buy a baby quilt in college... So, I'm making one now. The shirt is kind of the madras plaid, the blue and white fabric I bought in Hungary. Still not sure what color to put in between the squares... Any ideas? I like crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sar, used to like to visit you at that Dallas store in North Park!