Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thankful

It's been a while since my last post and I have lots of excuses, my best one so far is that I have been thinking allot, so much in fact that I forget half of my thoughts before I can think them all the way through let alone have the time to write them down.

Turning 30 was a biggie. I can't remember a birthday having such an impact. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm a (as my mom so nicely put it) wife, mother, artist, farm owning teacher. Yea! That's kinda freaky! It has taken me a while to digest.

So, while I was out with my pony this morning "teaching" her to pull a cart I realized that I was not teaching her. She is teaching me. I am learning about myself. I am more of an adult as I ever was, and yet I feel more like a kid then I ever did. It doesn't make any sense.

Boyfriend's grandmother turned 80 two days after me. At her party I ask her if she remembered her 30th. She said "Oh yes, and I let it pass in silence". I wanted to let thirty pass in silence, but in my world thirty is not silent.

No comments: