Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sheep



Lilly and I just got back from our first craft fair. I was asked last minute by a neighbour (she was selling her sheepskins) as she thought the craft fair needed some "fresh new stuff". Norwegian craft fairs consist of knitting, knitting, knitting, some wood work, some more knitting and possibly some ceramic creations that I think always seem very depressing, oh, and paintings that are mostly browns, black, and ocher colors smeared around with a pallet knife.
I jumped at the opportunity! We arrived late, but had a super cute stand with cows, bunnies, cats, dogs, pigs, horses and my new elephants. I did a five min. survey of the clientele and realized that my stuff was going to be a hard sale. Recycled stuffed animals is not really what my village is ready for... It was lots of fun though and I met a super girl that was selling cards that she illustrated. I'm kinda glad I didn't have any sales as I got to spend the whole day drinking coffee, eating wonderful Norwegian cake and chatting up my new found friend!
Oh, and the classic comment "I'd buy one if you had a sheep!" I guaranty you had a had sheep then they would want a camel...
When we got home our friends had sent us some fantastic pictures of the farm from thier last visit. Thought I would post as our camera is crap... Enjoy!


No comments: