Friday, March 19, 2010

parmesan princess

I have learned that norwegians like to have the same dinner on a certain day, like potato dumplings on Thursday, bacon pancakes on Tuesday, rice porrige on Saturday... I have always thought this was weird, and I way to flighty a person to repeat the same meal once every week. I'm the type that makes the same thing for a week, then repeats the recipie after a year. Anyway, we got into making pizza on fridays, and now I must admit I look forward to our friday night family ritual. We also live so far in the sticks that although we crave dominoes we can't order out. Pizza has become are new sport and we try to make it as good and better than the Italian joint we frequented when we lived in town. So just feast your eyes on this beauty! Next week its garlic marinated scampi.... just you wait!
I also want to thank Elizabeth Abernathy from Absinthe and Orange. She featured Donkeypony on her absolutly beautiful blog and I am just so thrilled! Please go and check it out! Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello? Norwegians - and the Liens - eat pancakes on Tuesdays: Pancake Tuesdays :)

Anonymous said...

I think homemade pizza's are always better than restaurant one. You can put as much and as many things as you like!
Love the Parmesan princess!
Keitha